Re: [DotGNU] fxcop

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: [DotGNU] fxcop
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 05:39:44 -0400

Gopal V wrote:

Hi,

A String and not a pointer to String object?  So,
a.Length should always have a valid location in memory? Or is this how C#
is different than C++?

String a = null;

is possible ... all objects are references and therefore are nullable .. so we need the check.

Ok.  I did say, forgive my stupidity.

Essentially, C# has all objects as references ..
Only valuetypes (ie like primitives, enums and
structs) are data on the stack. Those will always
have a valid memory location.
Thanks for the education. I have yet to look into using C#. So you've enlightened me greatly.

Thanks again,
Earnie

--
http://www.mingw.org