dragora-devel

[Dragora-devel] Proposal for package hosting

From: Mateus Pinto Rodrigues
Subject: [Dragora-devel] Proposal for package hosting
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 23:16:29 -0300

Hi dragorians! I talked briefly with frusen about a crazy idea I had, I
think it is worth looking into, so I'm writing here and waiting for
your comments.

The idea is we create a distributed repo, everyone that wants to
participate can, you don't even need to run dragora in your machine, so
everyone participating would share a tiny portion of his disk and we
would distribute the packages between these, that way we don't need a
server running 24/7 and won't have a single point of failure, we won't
get rid of the mirrors it is just another option and a new form that
people can contribute to dragora. Sometimes we get people that are
sympathetic to free software but cant donate money, for example, or
aren't devs, or don't have much time, this is a great way of
collaborating.

So if you think this might be a good idea I'll look into protocols like
bittorrent and bitcoin so we can make our own system, it doesn't need
to be complex.

--
Best Regards.

Mateus Pinto Rodrigues (mprodrigues) [66679238]
free software enthusiast and developer
E462 69C4 73EF 91F9 25E2  8249 0F8B 6C54 6667 9238