duplicity-talk

[Duplicity-talk] Restore the first non-0 sized item?

From: Jeffrey Walton
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Restore the first non-0 sized item?
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 03:45:37 -0400

Hi Everyone,

We use duplicity for a backup of a VM. The VM hosted a website and
wiki. The wiki is powered by MySQL. We backed up the wiki database
using mysqldump, and then Duplicity included the dump in the backup
set. The backup was stored off-site.

Something went sideways with the VM service provider and we lost the
service. We got a new service. I'm in the process of a restore using
Duplicity. The backups are fine. Almost everything is fine except...

The SQL dump with the wiki database is 0-size. Ugh. I don't know when
it happened. I suspect it happened when we enabled Software
Collections (SCL) on a CentOS, which was about 5 years ago.

I need to find the first non-0 size SQL dump. The SQL dump is located
at /backup/wiki.sql.

How do I tell Duplicity to find the first non-0 sized item and restore
it? Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance.