duplicity-talk

Re: [Duplicity-talk] How to set network priority

From: Andy Hairston
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] How to set network priority
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 13:15:23 -0400

I tried using trickle. It has the same effect as limiting the bandwidth for that entire machine. ionice seems to be for setting local I/O priority.

I'm looking for a way to give the traffic from other machines on my network priority over Duplicity (or the machine Duplicity is running on). That way Duplicity can use the full bandwidth when other devices don't need it (ex. 4 AM) but not choke out other traffic. Which is why I tried QoS settings on router, and setting DSCP priority.

Any ideas?