duplicity-talk

Re: [Duplicity-talk] How to set network priority

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] How to set network priority
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 19:26:41 +0200

hey Andy,

trickle (afaik) works fine and throttles only this one process it is wrapping
on a box. it is of course not aware of the bandwidth usage of your uplink.

ionice prioritizes access to local block devices only , so no dice there as
well. correct.

what you are looking for is a QOS(quality of service) solution, which usually
comes with high priced network hardware. plastic routers usually can't compete
. still Fritzboxes, common to the german market, allow to define traffic per
Protocol(UDP/TCP) and Source/Dest.Port and allow to prioritize by those. maybe
your Asus is capable of something similar?

good luck.. ede/duply.net