dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] DVD-R recording support for 3rd-gen Panasonic DVD-RAM

From: Bryan J. Smith
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] DVD-R recording support for 3rd-gen Panasonic DVD-RAM drives???
Date: 13 Mar 2002 01:01:22 -0500

I was curious to find out if the dvdrtools has support for the 3rd
generation Panasonic DVD-RAM drives with DVD-R(G) media/recording
support.  Most specifically, the LF-D311 series which is under $300 mail
order.

I currently have several first (2.6GB/side) and second (4.7GB/side) gen
DVD-RAM drives rewriting DVD-RAM discs as random-access, generic SCSI
disks in Linux, and have since late 1998 when I bought my first DVD-RAM
drive.  I was hoping the newer 3rd gen drives, with their DVD-R(G)
capability, would act similar to the Pioneer A03 when it comes to
write-once ISO recording via the /dev/sg* driver and MMC -- er, at least
that's how I assume the Pioneer drive works with dvdrtools.

So, has anyone thrown an LF-D311 at the dvdrtools yet to see if it
does?  Thanx in advance ...

-- Bryan

--
Don't confuse the US Constition with its Bill Of Rights.
One was written by legislators, the other by its people.