dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] dvdrecord failing for large files (2GB)

From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] dvdrecord failing for large files (2GB)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 21:01:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Allan Peda wrote:

> Thanks for he quick reply.  I googled all over the place, and I saw some
> claims that it was kernel related, but I can easily create a 3.0GB file
> using other utilities (like cp, or dd)

I've successfully written DVDs w/ 4.5 GB of data, so it's probably related
to the way you built dvdrecord.

Are you using the current version?
Which version of glibc do you have? (If your glibc doesn't do the right
things when _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE is defined and FILE_OFFSET_BITS is defined
to 64, that's the cause of the problem.

LLaP
bero

--
Ark Linux - Linux for the masses
http://www.arklinux.org/

Redistribution and processing of this message is subject to
http://www.arklinux.org/terms.php