dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] [Fwd: Re: Just checking one point]

From: Allan Peda
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] [Fwd: Re: Just checking one point]
Date: 12 Jun 2003 16:14:33 -0400

--
Allan Peda

Programmer, Gene Array Resource Center
Rockefeller University
Box 203
1230 York Ave
New York, NY 10021-6399

(tel) 212-327-7064
(fax) 212-327-7065
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: Just checking one point Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 21:52:22 +0200 (CEST)
On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Allan Peda wrote:

> Were you able to write DVDs from a _single_ file that was over 2GB?

Ah...
You mean one file inside the iso image is > 2 GB?

That can't be done ATM because the ISO 9660 filesystem standard doesn't
allow it (it uses 32 bits for the file size).

The fix is to use UDF, but unfortunately, I never had the time to hack
mkisofs into supporting pure UDF (without the ISO 9660 records).

> I just want to double check this before I start altering my Makefile
> (Schilly doesn't like configure).

I know - he doesn't like the fact that I converted dvdrtools to ANSI style
C either. I have the impression that he's stuck somewhere in the 1970s. ;)

LLaP
bero

--
Ark Linux - Linux for the masses
http://www.arklinux.org/

Redistribution and processing of this message is subject to
http://www.arklinux.org/terms.php

--- End Message ---