dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] growisofs

From: Ted Huntington
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] growisofs
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 13:14:27 -0700

Does growisofs use the full 4.6GB of a DVD-R or DVD+R?  I get:
2297888 blocks are free
2839200 to be written

2297888 at 512 byte blocks (is this correct?) = 1,176,518,656 (1gb)
are these 2048 blocks? (that would = 4.7gb)

When I do a "du" on my folders they only add up to 2GB.  I realize that
the iso9660 format may waste space, but 2GB?!

After I made the DVD image, I see only 1GB stored.

I read in an earlier post by address@hidden that
cdrecord-wrapper.sh works for Sony DRU-500A (I have DRX-500U).  Why the
key and no source to use cdrecord-prodvd?  I am surprised that there is
no open source cd/dvd recording program, all that is being done is open,
fwrite, and close....perhaps the iso9660/udf formatting is difficult?  I
hope Linus addresses DVD+R packet writing now that he has more time.  A
good variety of audio and video recording, playing and editing software
for Linux is either not included in the main distributions or does not
exist.

Ted

--
Ted Huntington