dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Data DVD OK, video going wrong

From: Neil Bird
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Data DVD OK, video going wrong
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 13:03:23 +0100

Around about 30/06/2004 10:56, Neil Bird typed ...
Now I try a test video disc. It all seems to burn OK, except when I then re-insert the DVD-R into my drive, xine starts up & 'hangs' and 100% CPU. I gave it 30-odd seconds before killing it (-9, <Ctrl-C> failed). My 'real' player won't have any of it, but it's getting on a bit & may not like DVD-Rs anyway.

  Update:  is it a relevant symptom that 'lsdvd /dev/scd1' crashes on
my DVD-R, but not on a 'real' movie DVD?  I also tried 'mkisofs' on its
own to get an ISO image, and *then* used growisofs to burn that, with
exactly the same results.

  I tried catching it in gdb but I couldn't immediately follow the code
- looked like an invalid pointer from somewhere (guess an earlier
call/ioctl failed).

  I shall have to resort to trying the burn under Windows to see if
it's the drive (I suspect not).

--
address@hidden ~]# rm -f .signature
address@hidden ~]# ls -l .signature