dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: LG 4165B writing problem

From: Bryan J. Smith
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: LG 4165B writing problem
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 06:40:50 -0500

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 09:46 +0200, Dániel Vásárhelyi wrote:
> It wasn't working with dvdrtools even if I tried with ide-cd.
> growisofs works perfectly, thanks! :)))

That's the nice thing about LG GSA-4xxx drives, they are supported by so
many tools.

> BTW, what's this? The list's traffic is vanishing, dvdrecord does not
> support this drive (even it's not a new type)...

Actually, the LG GSA-4165 is relatively new (last 6 months) and has only
been replaced by the GSA-4167 just in the last month.

> Does the team stopped supporting dvdrecord?

DVDRecord is based on a very old fork of CDRecord now.

CDRecord+DVDpatch included in most distros is much, much better being
based on the latest CDRecord release, and integrating a lot of Pioneer,
LG GSA and other DVD-RW or DVD-RAM aligned firmwares.

--
Bryan J. Smith     address@hidden     http://thebs413.blogspot.com