eev

Smaller fullscreen and six new subtitles

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Smaller fullscreen and six new subtitles
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 08:07:50 -0300

Hi all,

after updating eev to the new version in ELPA, try this:

  (find-mpv-links)

It is explained here:

  http://angg.twu.net/eev-videos.html#smaller-fullscreen

It gives us a way to make mpv switch between the usuall "fullscreen"
mode and something that I call a "smaller fullscreen" mode. A part of
the rationale for that feature is explained here:

  http://angg.twu.net/eev-videos.html#mpv-keys

Also, I've added subtitles to six videos... these ones,

  (find-eev2019video "0:00")
  (find-eev2020video "0:00")
  (find-eevtemplvideo "0:00")
  (find-2021orgfornonusersvideo "0:00")
  (find-2022findeevanggvideo "0:00")
  (find-eevnavvideo "0:00")

but if you already have local copies of their .mp4s then just running
the sexps above will not download their subtitles... one way of
downloading their subtitles is to run these sexps:

  (find-1stclassvideo-links "eev2019")
  (find-1stclassvideo-links "eev2020")
  (find-1stclassvideo-links "eevtempl")
  (find-1stclassvideo-links "2021orgfornonusers")
  (find-1stclassvideo-links "2022findeevangg")
  (find-1stclassvideo-links "eevnav")

for example, if you run the first one you will see this in its
temporary buffer:

  ;; You have a local copy of this video.
  ;; The upstream copy of this video has subtitles.
  ;; If you don't have a local copy of its subtitles, or if you
  ;; want to update the local copy of the subtitles, run this:
  ;;        (find-psne-1stclassvideo-links "eev2019")
  ;;    or: (find-psne-eevvideo-links "emacsconf2019" ".vtt")

then you'll have to run one the two `find-psne-...'s and run the
eepitch block in it.

  Cheers,
    Edrx