elyxer-users

Re: [eLyXer-users] Elyxer svg file conversion problems.

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] Elyxer svg file conversion problems.
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 06:06:41 -0500

I suggest a --conv <file-name> elyxer option with which we can provide
a file of conversion rules. For each file to be converted elyxer searches
the file from the top down and use the first conversion rule that
matches. Here is an example:

fig1.svg fig2.svg : inkscape %f --export-png=%b.png --export-area=-44:16:-28:32
*.svg : inkscape %f --export-png=%b.png
*.xfig : xfig %f %b.png
* : convert %f %b.png

Hey Bill C., that is a great idea.   :-)
I suggest inclusion of a version number at the top of the file.
If elyxer ever needs to change the interpretation of the file:
- It invents a new syntax with a corresponding new verion number.
- When reading the file it uses the version number to guide interpretation.
- It should continue to support old versions for the foreseeable future.

Bill C.