elyxer-users

[eLyXer-users] Re: elyxer requests

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: [eLyXer-users] Re: elyxer requests
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 21:29:54 +0100

Hi Sam,

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 11:34 PM, Sam Liddicott <address@hidden> wrote:
> 1. Please could elyxer support alternate character encodings besides utf-8?
> repo.or.cz insists on serving as ISO-8859-1.

This is not yet ready. It requires a bit of configuration.

> It would be better for elyxer to pick the replacement, for in a listing an
> underscore where a visible space was shown is going to cut-n-paste wrong as
> well as look wrong.

I will need some help with the list of replacement entities. I could
add a few, then you might send me your own list if you have it.

> 2. Please could it emit listings differently, the <code> tag it uses causes
> code to cut-n-paste as a single line and also to display as a single line if
> no css is enabled.

This point is done.

> 3. Please could listings align left instead of centre. I've hacked this in
> css for all floats, but I think it only needs doing for listings.

It's hard to do for listing floats (since it shares CSS with other
floats), not so much for standalone listings. According to your
document it should be enough if code listings appeared outside the
div, wouldn't it?

> 4. Are listings able to show line numberings? There ought to be a separate
> line number counter for each named listing, and the counters resume next
> time a listing of the same name appears. This point could have more
> discussion as I also hope elyxer will support the chunk command used by my
> literate programming module.

This point is also pending.

Would you like to have a test version with <pre> tags instead of
<code>? It would help me a lot if you could test it with your own
documents.

Alex.