elyxer-users

[eLyXer-users] Re: announce: template to write Ph.D. theses with LyX

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: [eLyXer-users] Re: announce: template to write Ph.D. theses with LyX
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:01:54 +0100

Hi Julio,

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 8:22 AM, Julio Rojas <address@hidden> wrote:
> Good news Alex. I'll be waiting for your announcement. BTW, is it
> there a flag that can be used to put footnotes in a "Notes" section at
> the end of the document?

Not at the moment, as it might be confused with the bibliography.
However you are not the first to ask, so I will try to add it for
0.43.

By the way, you said before:

> Dear Alex. That might be a good idea, but I think elyxer needs to
> mature a little bit more before turning it into the default converter
> for  MS Word. For example, it doesn't handle math macros at all, which
> I use constantly. For more simpler documents it's fine, I think.

I don't want to give you false hopes: importing into MS Word should
work well with text, but math (formulae and macros) will never be
perfect. Importing equations is hard; Word has its own equation editor
and it will not read LaTeX, HTML with CSS, MathML or anything else you
want to throw at it. So after some thought waiting for math macros to
export to Word is not worthwhile.

If you have any other improvements in mind for eLyXer please let me know.

Alex.