elyxer-users

Re: [eLyXer-users] eLyXer 0.98 released

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] eLyXer 0.98 released
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 09:01:32 +0200

Hola, Eduardo,

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 3:19 AM, Eduardo Grosclaude
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello, Alex
> Bueno, esta lista es en inglés, así que Thank you for this new
> release- I am having this issue to report:
>
> address@hidden elyxer-0.98]# python install.py
> eLyXer installed as a binary in /usr/bin
> Please run as "elyxer.py [options] input.lyx output.html" to use it
> running install
> running build
> running build_py
> running install_lib
> byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/elyxer.py to elyxer.pyc
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/elyxer.py", line 5166
>    finally:
>          ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
> eLyXer installed as a module.
> You can also run eLyXer as "python -m elyxer [options] input.lyx output.html"
> address@hidden elyxer-0.98]# python -V
> Python 2.4.3

Right, due to a couple of bugs in the code, eLyXer 0.98 cannot run
with Python 2.4. This issue has been reported (by Sven, the Debian
packager) and solved in the latest git; additionally, a test has been
added so that I can detect these things before the next release. I
will send you an updated version, since this bug may bite you.

> Elyxer 0.98 runs and generates HTML however. I intend to translate to
> HTML a LyX document in the Springer's LNCS class. Elyxer performs
> pretty well, just some small quirks (maybe it is my fault after all):
>
> - I have a two-lines AUTHOR inset (broken with a hard-new line) which
> is correctly typeset and centered (both lines). However, at foot of
> the page, the Copyright sign includes only authors up to end of first
> line.

Ugly, I will try to solve it.

> - I have an INSTITUTION inset after the title, which does not get
> centered (I see it left-aligned). Under this is a line for email
> addresses (I am unable to properly format authors' email adresses into
> LNCS class in LyX), this line also is left-aligned even when centered
> in my LyX text.

The institution is ignored right now, this is a simple matter of
changing the CSS.

> - Images are numbered like 0.X (don't know if there's an option to
> this, I'll look deeper later)

I would need a sample for this issue.

> - Not a bug, just something to think about - I included PNG images,
> they look too wide. I had given options to their width or height in
> terms of text percentage. Perhaps Elyxer is just honoring my
> percentage I asked for. However, width on an A4 and on a browser page
> are very different. Maybe just left them unchanged?

eLyXer never scales images beyond their nominal resolution. A sample
would help showing what you mean.

> I am running CentOS 5.5 just updated today FWIW.

Can you send me privately a sample document (maybe loremipsumized)?

Thanks,

Alex.