elyxer-users

Re: [eLyXer-users] Indented, color-coded Code Samples with eLyXer

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] Indented, color-coded Code Samples with eLyXer
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 23:44:45 +0200

Hi Jack,

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 5:21 AM, Jack Desert <address@hidden> wrote:
How do I get mine to do that? I write some code as a LyXCode block,
but this is the result:

<pre class="LyX-Code">
def something
 if something_else
   play_ball
 end
end

</pre>

Note they are just regular spaces (not non-breaking ones), so when I
view this through the browser they show up as just a single space
instead of several in a row.

No problem, your browser should treat spaces inside a <pre> tag as non-breaking spaces. Just let the <pre> element have: white-space: pre.
  http://www.quirksmode.org/css/whitespace.html

Anyway, take a look at the dev guide LyX doc inside the eLyXer distribution. There are two ways: LyX-Code and an algorithm (code listing) which is slightly different.

Alex.