Re: [Emacs-devel] Emacs move

From: Gerd Moellmann
Subject: Re: [Emacs-devel] Emacs move
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 21:49:03 +0200 (CEST)

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:

> Also I tried, logging in as me,
>
>     :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs

That's the right root.  Anon CVS is currently not available.

> and used the password that had worked with cvs.gnu.org, but that >
> failed too.

I think Jeff couldn't migrate the pserver passwords to subversions.
Did you receive a mail from Jeff asking for your access methods and
password?

> Also, neither kerberos nor lsh let me log on to subversions, although
> I can log on to melange.gnu.org using kerberos and log on to
> alpha.gnu.org using lsh.

I think telnet is not allowed on subversions.

But if Jeff has set up Kerberos access to the repository for you, you
should be able to first kauth, and then check out Emacs with CVSROOT
`subversions.gnu.org:/cvs'.