Re: Can we setup CVSup on subversions?

From: Andre Spiegel
Subject: Re: Can we setup CVSup on subversions?
Date: 04 Nov 2000 12:18:42 +0100

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> I ask because my link is a 28.8 modem, and for some reason, Kerberos V
> connections have always been ABYSMALLY slow between my machine and the
> gnu.org domain.  cvs updating Emacs typically takes a half an hour.

> I used to rsync the CVS log files over, because that made diff'ing and
> pulling of back revs a possibility.  But nowadays, "cvs diff" is so
> slow that it's not really practical until I'm desperate.

Pity that not even the new VC optimizations made it acceptable for you
(I assume that you do use them, e.g. local diff and revert?)

Anyhow, I wonder if the existence and use of CVSup has any
implications for VC.  If there's anything that could be done in VC to
support such a setup seamlessly, I'm open for suggestions.