Re: 3d highlights on dark colors

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: 3d highlights on dark colors
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 00:11:49 +0900 (JST)

Gerd Moellmann <address@hidden> writes:
> I think it would be better to introduce two variables, say
> top-shadow-contrast and bottom-shadow-contrast.  These would replace
> the hard coded constants 1.2 and 0.6 that are currently used to make
> lighter and darker colors.

That would be a good change too, but it wouldn't suffice to deal with
the case I was addressing.  You can't use a single multiplicative factor
for all colors, it just doesn't work.

[I've tried a lot of different tweaks to get emacs to generate
good-looking highlights for all colors, and the code I sent is by far
the best I've been able to come up with.]

-Miles