Re: 3d highlights on dark colors

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: 3d highlights on dark colors
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 00:19:22 +0900 (JST)

Gerd Moellmann <address@hidden> writes:
> > [I've tried a lot of different tweaks to get emacs to generate
> > good-looking highlights for all colors, and the code I sent is by far
> > the best I've been able to come up with.]
>
> I believe you.
>
> If we really want to address this complicated matter, I'd propose we
> try to make use of available knowledge about color perception.

Sure.

BUT:  Can I check in my change?  It does a pretty decent job, and exists now.
The existing code without it does a sucky job.

If doing this stuff correctly is complicated, then I it could be a while
before it actually gets done, and I really don't want emacs to be
released with the current bad behavior.  If doing things correctly turns
out to not be hard, then no prob, my ad-hoc code just gets replaced quickly.

If you like, I'll remove the user-visible parameters so there are no
compatibility concerns (the default settings work quite well for every
color I've tried, on at least two monitors with perceptibly different
color response).

Thanks,

-Miles