Re: Command remapping and the delete-frame problem.

From: Tak Ota
Subject: Re: Command remapping and the delete-frame problem.
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 09:25:06 -0800 (PST)

24 Feb 2002 01:41:11 +0100: address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) wrote:

> I have just reworked my original patch for command remapping to use
> a `remap' prefix-key for command remapping:
>
>           (define-key map [remap command1] 'command2)
>
> Please read the updated section in NEWS.

I just started rewriting table.el to use the new command remapping
mechanism in place of function advising.  In that process I came up
with a request and a question.

1. Could you add the explanation about the new notation [remap
   command] for KEY argument in `define-key' document?

2. I tried the new remap notation in 21.1.90 and it was simply ignored
   without an error therefore condition-case can't test the
   availability of this feature.  There is no (provide 'command-remap)
   either.  How can a program determine the availability of the new
   feature?  I want to leave function advise for the older versions
   of emacs that does not have command remap feature.