UDP/DNS in Emacs

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: UDP/DNS in Emacs
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 18:21:40 +0100

I'm pondering adding various spam filtering stuff to Gnus.  Many of
the black-lists use DNS to say whether something comes from an open
relay, and I can't seem to find a real interface to DNS in Emacs,
which makes me believe I'm just not looking in the right place.

There are functions that call nslookup and dig externally, which can
be used.  However, calling an external program (typically) 20 times
per message when splitting would be rather inefficient.

Is there a native DNS interface in Emacs?  Or even a UDP interface?

   address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen