Re: UDP/DNS in Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: UDP/DNS in Emacs
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 21:13:43 +0300

> From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.devel
> Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 18:21:40 +0100
>
> I'm pondering adding various spam filtering stuff to Gnus.  Many of
> the black-lists use DNS to say whether something comes from an open
> relay, and I can't seem to find a real interface to DNS in Emacs,
> which makes me believe I'm just not looking in the right place.

I realize that this doesn't help you a bit, but: please, _please_
consider leaving Gnus free of the ORBS nuisance.  ORBS (and all its
work-alikes) simply SUCK!  There should be no reason for Gnus to use
any of their blacklists, as Gnus has enough power in its filters to do
the same without blindly trusting someone's blacklist.

TIA