Re: Emacs mode for GDB - 2 questions

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Emacs mode for GDB - 2 questions
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 21:58:13 +0100

Richard Stallman writes:

 >     Two features adapted from gdb.el in XEmacs-21.4 :
 >
 > To "adapt a feature" could mean various things.  Did you get the code
 > from XEmacs, or just the idea?

I've `translated' it e.g. replaced `set-extent-property' with
`put-text-property' etc so, in your parlance, I guess its the former. The
first feature (display of expressions), however, is largely a special case of
a more general feature of gdba.el and won't have much new from XEmacs left
when I have re-formatted the output. The second feature (hypertext help
buffer) is stand alone, so it could be left out, although this would be a
shame as its quite nice.

 >  If it was code that  you used, did you find out who the authors are?

I think we've been here before. gdb.el has got the line :

;; Cygnus Support added support for gdb's --annotate=2

and Eli inferred from GDB's ChangeLog that
Jim Kingdon <address@hidden> and Tom Lord <address@hidden>
were the last to work on gdba.el.

I think it is best if you contact Cygnus/XEmacs on this matter.

Nick