Re: Patch to disable links line in *info* buffer

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Patch to disable links line in *info* buffer
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 17:43:33 -0600 (MDT)

It is not logical or good practice to jump straight to "Take out that
change" without thinking about the problem or looking for rejectionary
alternatives.  When a change was made to address one problem, and you
think it causes another problem, please make an effort to find a way
to rescue the change before you ask people to take it out.  In this
case, I am the only one who has tried to do that.

A couple of days ago, someone finally did tell me what problem he saw
in this change, so I proposed avenues for solving it.