Re: TODO additions

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: TODO additions
Date: 03 Dec 2002 10:58:12 +0000

>     > Which precisely are the versions that are inconsistent?
>
>     The s390 config file is different and differently named and the
>     changes in the hp800.h file are different.
>
> I am confused now.  What does "inconsistent" mean?
> Are you saying that the s390 config file is different in two
> versions of Emacs?  If so, what are these two versions?

The machine file for the configuration s390-*-linux-gnu which is
supplied by the Debian patch to Emacs 21.2 is not the same as
src/m/ibms390.h in the Emacs tree.  It has different contents and a
different name.

>                                               I've no evidence anything
>     in the Emacs head versions is wrong.
>
> If it isn't broken, then perhaps it is best if we do not fix it.

Of course.  The issue is the release branch, which doesn't have
support for these configurations.  I was only comparing the Debian
changes to support them with the changes that have been installed in
the Emacs head.

> I would rather not add any new targets there if it isn't trivial to
> do so.

I thought GNU targets might be wanted, especially since 21.2
introduced non-GNU new targets.  mipsel is trivial, though I can't
test it.  The changes for s390 and hp800 might count as trivial -- I
don't know.  I guess the original revision of m/ibms390.h would just
drop in to the 21.3 source with a trivial change to configure.in.