Re: gratuitous changes

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: gratuitous changes
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:09:18 +0100

>Um, no.  `diff -b' is only appropriate when generating patches for
>humans to look at*, not for merging (and things like CVS don't allow such
>behavior anyway).

Uh.  I meant that, when looking at diffs, I always use -b.  When
merging, spaces have never affected me, because ediff and emerge tell
you where the difference is, and even let you know when a diff is only
made of whitespace.

This is not to say that the annoyance is not there, just to say that you
can overcome it quite easily, and in my case it never bothered me, as
far as source code is concerned, but YMMV.