Re: Close .emacs file after customization?

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Close .emacs file after customization?
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 14:24:27 +0000 (UTC)

Per Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:

   When saving customizations, customize does not actually read the
   customizations in the .emacs. Instead, it deletes *all* of them,
   and then saves all those customizations it knows about.  If the
   user has added or changed customizations meanwhile from another
   Emacs instance, those customizations will be lost.

Thank you!  This explains some occasional problems I have run into
that I previously attributed to carelessness.

I normally run several instances of GNU Emacs and do not expect this
behavior.  I expect the same behavior as with other conflicting
modifications, a message like this:

    foo changed on disk; really edit the buffer? (y, n, r or C-h)

    http://www.teak.cc                             address@hidden