Re: Divergence in menu appearance between Emacs Info and standalone Info

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Divergence in menu appearance between Emacs Info and standalone Info
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:24:13 -0400

    I assume you mean the specific implementation in the .info files
    (^H^[image src=...^H^]).  Ok, I can work on that, although in general
    info.texi's description of Info format looks quite idiosyncratic to me,
    being done in the context of writing an Info file by hand (which no one
    does any more), and/or explaining certain Info user interface commands.

    So, do you mind if I rewrite it so that there's a clear appendix simply
    describing the file format?

That is ok.

    I see that the anchor implementation is not mentioned in info.texi
    either.  I'll document that as well.

Thanks.