Re: narrow-to-here-document

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: narrow-to-here-document
Date: 26 Jun 2003 16:19:57 +0900

> This suggests we should use some other more general term instead.
> How about "literal"?  Any other suggestions?
>
>     (defun make-indirect-buffer-for-hdoc (&optional change-major-mode)...
>
> I suggest the name edit-literal for that function.
> We should not rigidly put all relevant entities into the function name.

I find the name `literal' not clear for the opposite reason -- it seems
too broad, and literal seems like a work that might have many other
potential meanings.  Since the crucial point is that it's a literal field
embedded in a buffer, how about something like `edit-embedded-literal' or
`edit-literal-field'?

-Miles
--
`To alcohol!  The cause of, and solution to,
 all of life's problems' --Homer J. Simpson