Re: Patch to get Emacs to work on MacOS 10.3 (Panther)

From: Nozomu Ando
Subject: Re: Patch to get Emacs to work on MacOS 10.3 (Panther)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 17:28:59 +0900

On Nov 3, 2003, at 9:33 AM, Ted Lemon wrote:

I get the feeling that this may come as a surprise to some other users of Emacs on Panther, but I have been unable to get it to come up as a Carbon app, although it runs find with -nw. Near as I can figure, for some reason the Carbon framework is having trouble finding the window resources in Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/Emacs.rsrc, even though ktrace shows it opening the file and reading it just before it dumps core.

Perhaps you have clobbered Emacs.rsrc.
Didn't you see any error message when compiling?

Try cvs update and to build from scratch, please.

Nozomu Ando