Re: tags in the 3 lowest bits

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: tags in the 3 lowest bits
Date: 20 Nov 2003 11:49:17 +0100

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> > Once LSB is in place, I would like us to get rid of XFASTINT
> > all-together.  It's a potential danger lurking to hit us.
>
> Um, in the LSB code, XFASTINT is the same as XINT...

Exactly!

Which is why keeping it in the code when _most_ systems use
LSB could leave some mis-uses (storing a negative int there)
undetected until someone hits a border case on some non-LSB
system... which will be very hard to debug.

Better be proactive and get rid of those XFASTINT and XSETFASTINT
things all-together (or at least make them equal to XINT and XSETINT
on all systems)!