Re: Emacs Explorer?

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Emacs Explorer?
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:03:42 +0200

FYI - It does a lot more than the minor tweaks I mentioned (in particular,
it does drag-&-drop). (It also does less than some of my code; it's
~complementary, in fact.)

The drawback of dired-dd is that it only does local drag and drop, i.e.
within the same Emacs. For DND to be useful I think it should be possible
to drag from Emacs to another application.  The advantage of dired-dd is
that it works on all platforms. DND would have to be implemented differently
on all Emacs ports (X, Mac, W32).

        Jan D.