Re: bug in frame-width

From: Andreas Schwab
Subject: Re: bug in frame-width
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:37:50 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> And actually, I want my Emacs windows typically to be 80 characters
> wide and about 740 pixels tall.  And when I change the font size, I
> still want them 80 characters wide and 740 pixels tall.

I second that.  When changing the number of columns lines may wrap at
different places which can be distracting.  When changing the number of
lines the only change is how many lines are visible towards the bottom,
which has much less visible effect.  (The situation is somewhat different
if you have mutiple windows.)

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, address@hidden
SuSE Linux AG, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany