Re: Slow access to files using UNC path

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Subject: Re: Slow access to files using UNC path
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:29:56 +0530

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:52:47 -0400, "Richard Stallman" <address@hidden>
said:
> Does any further change need to be installed in Emacs itself
> to get good results on this issue?

I applied the patch sent by the author (Mr.KOBAYASHI Yasuhiro), did a
'make bootstrap', it did not work for me. I suspect the pattern match
for a UNC path (which can be both combinations of back/forward slashes).
The fix in my .emacs file as: (setq vc-handled-backends '(RCS CVS SVN
SCCS)) as suggested by the author does work. I therefore feel his
analysis is correct. I request the patch author to confirm this (in CC).

PS: I am attaching the patch sent by the author for reference only (no
way trying to take credit).

with best regards,
dhruva
Dhruva Krishnamurthy