Re: not too happy with Emacs 21 vertical-line dragging when scrollbars p

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: not too happy with Emacs 21 vertical-line dragging when scrollbars present
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 00:19:28 +0200

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:

> I would prefer the "thin line on the side of the scrollbar" (all the way
> up). That is common in many applications. Hopefully, it wouldn't be _too_
> difficult to grab, and it would have the big advantage of being where you
> expect it, and being pretty obvious (via mouse-over pointer change). You
> want to drag the scroll bar? -- well, just drag it (or, that thin line all
> along it).
>
> That would be a lot better, IMO, than what we have now.

The current display engine need to position windows on a multiple of
the frame default column width, so it is not trivial to introduce a
'thin line all the way up'.

It is on my plan for 'after next release' to get rid of this restriction.

Once that is done, adding a thin line will be easier, so I don't want
to spend time now on a halfbaked solution.  At least, 21.4 will not be
any worse than 21.3.