Re: font-lock in machine mode of gdba

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: font-lock in machine mode of gdba
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 11:09:06 +1300

 > I'm using disassembly for hacking and understanding glibc's
 > /lib/ld-linux.so.2 on i386.  (gdba is extremely useful.)  I feel my
 > definition is not so bad. The face usage is consistent with asm-mode.

OK. I've installed these changes, trying to bear in mind Stefan's comments.
Note, however, that your fontification (gdb-assembler-font-lock-keywords)
doesn't seem to work for system library functions e.g:

0x40062155 <__libc_start_main+133>:     push   %edi

On my system (Mandrake 9.2) you can get this by breaking any C prgram in
main and going up a level (you might have to click on the GUD buffer to get
fontification).

Nick