Re: finger-pointer curser as default for mouse-face text

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: finger-pointer curser as default for mouse-face text
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:15:10 -0500 (CDT)

Kim Storm wrote:

   But CVS emacs is still far from being released,

If we keep going on like this, there _never_ will be another release.

    and I guess that if we make a clean interface how to inhibit the
    mapping for specific links, the package authors will have plenty
    of time to adapt their code for CVS emacs.

It is also a matter of not only documenting the new behavior, but also
changing references to the old behavior everywhere in all manuals,
which may be spread all over the place.  Realistically speaking,
implementing the new behavior will introduce bugs that will need to be
fixed.  Everything combined, plenty of resources will be diverted from
working on the release, assuming we still want to have one.

I have not been following this discussion, as I have had no time to do
so.  I thought the purpose of a feature freeze was exactly that people
would not have to divert time away from working on the release by
worrying about substantive new features and their possible negative effects.

Sincerely,

Luc.