Re: kmacro.texi

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: kmacro.texi
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 14:42:22 -0500

[ I seem to have missed a bunch of email recently ;-(
  I found this thread on the emacs-devel archive. ]

> >     And C-x e e e ...  already does something very similar.
> >     Nobody has complained about that so far.
> >
> >     And C-u C-SPC C-SPC C-SPC ...
> >
> > These are much more limited--but indeed the first of them bothers me.
>
> We could change the defaults:

I really think the C-x e e e e e should stay.  It's really extremely useful
in my experience and everyone to whom I've shown it said something along the
lines of "hey that's cool" or "I've longed for this for years".

        Stefan