Re: Documentation for custom-file - is not (load custom-file) needed?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Documentation for custom-file - is not (load custom-file) needed?
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 00:35:03 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lennart Borgman" <address@hidden>

> I believe that (load custom-file) is needed in .emacs to get it to work,
but
> the documentation does not say so.

I got no replies yet and I think I should fill in some misses pieces I
noticed after posting this.

The doc string for custom-file says "If you specify some other file, you
need to explicitly load that file for the settings to take effect". Info
however says "Emacs loads the file right after your `.emacs' if you did not
load it already". One of these must be wrong.

I see another problem here too of course, with the double documentation.

- Lennart

PS: And I hope that I this time sends the reply to the list instead of
myself ;-)