Re: query-replace highlighting

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: query-replace highlighting
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:00:18 +0200

> Would you like to do these things to finish it up right,
> then install your patch?

I reverted the option query-replace-highlight and added a new option
query-replace-lazy-highlight and new face query-replace, with changes
in isearch-lazy-highlight-new-loop.

However, I doubt that isearch-lazy-highlight-* options should be renamed
to lazy-highlight-*.  This gives nothing but unnecessary hassles
caused by renaming and making functions and variables of one feature
to have two different prefixes.

Since historically the name of the feature that highlights matches in
the buffer, is `isearch-lazy-highlight', and all its variables and
functions already use that prefix, instead of concealing from users
the fact that query-replace uses the same feature, it would be better
to document this fact in the manual and doc strings.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/