Re: Incompatible change without "warning"

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Incompatible change without "warning"
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 10:18:36 -0500 (CDT)

Nick Roberts wrote:

   I wasn't sure how to remove executing-macro as it is a builtin variable:

Please wait before removing this, until the following has been considered.

Richard Stallman wrote:

       19.34

       executing-macro

   Please delete that too.

I believe that Richard may have been unaware of the fact that, until
very recently, executing-macro and _not_ executing-kbd-macro were
documented in the Elisp manual.  This only got changed in August 2004
in CVS.  (Actually, I changed one occurrence of executing-kbd-macro
just moments ago.)  So people using the Elisp manual for reference are
likely to have kept using executing-macro.  Do we still want to remove
it given that?

Sincerely,

Luc.