Re: Incompatible change without "warning"

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Incompatible change without "warning"
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 11:21:12 -0400

     >     Quite a lot with no timestamp.
     >
     > They might be obsolete since long long ago.  What are they?

I don't see anything obvious in common between these symbols.  They
have not all been obsolete for a long time; in fact, some (maybe all)
became obsolete recently.

For instance, assoc-ignore-case and assoc-ignore-representation should
be marked as obsolete starting in 22.1.  Likewise, compile-internal.
The others I don't know anything about off hand.

I think what needs to be done is first to determine the history of
each of these symbols.  For some of these symbols, perhaps all, the
right thing to do is to add the argument saying which versions they
became obsolete in.