Re: Tex-mode binding of C-return

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Tex-mode binding of C-return
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 15:14:36 -0400

> Since my plan (after the release) is to separate the rectangle
> handling from CUA, having a good "toggle rectangle mark" command
> will eventually become important even for non-CUA users.

> C-return is such a "good command", analogue to C-SPC for the
> normal mark.

I don't find C-return a particularly good choice (especially since it
doesn't work on ttys).  But to tell you the truth, it's hard to judge
without the whole context (i.e. what would be the interface for that
new rectangle handling thingy?).

Is the idea that to kill a rectangle you could do

   C-RET C-SPC .... M-w

or equivalently

   C-SPC ... C-RET ... M-w

> Do tex users really use C-return ?