Re: defvaralias

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: defvaralias
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 10:43:23 -0500 (CDT)

Nick Roberts wrote:

   As Stefan has pointed out defvaralias has a symmetry in its arguments

Looking at the old message, I believe that what Stefan said is that in
defvaralias (unlike in `define-obsolete-variable-alias'), there are no
"old" and "new" variables or "obsolete" and "updated" variables.
(With which I agree.)  But that is not the same as saying that there
is symmetry.  The asymmetry in the relation is that one is the alias,
the other the base variable.

Sincerely,

Luc.