Re: Mouse Sel mode and mouse-1-click-follows-link

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Mouse Sel mode and mouse-1-click-follows-link
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 11:55:58 -0500 (CDT)

Chong Yidong wrote:

   The trouble is, I can't get it to work with *Customize* buffers.  This is
   probably due to some widget magic that I'm ignorant of.  Can someone help
   me figure it out?  (How does the normal mouse.el stuff deal with
   Customize?)  The current patch is below.

That is because Custom implements the mouse-1 behavior in a different
way from mouse-1-click-follows-link.

The relevant code for mouse-1 starts at line 4175 in cus-edit-el, in
particular:

     (define-key map [mouse-1] 'Custom-move-and-invoke)

The relevant code for mouse-2 starts is in wid-edit.el in particular:

    (define-key map [down-mouse-2] 'widget-button-click)

(All assuming I understood correctly.)

I believe that the best solution might be to get rid of the mouse-1
binding and use the follow-link property to implement the mouse-1
behavior in Custom, as is done elsewhere.

Sincerely,

Luc.