Re: Mouse Sel mode and mouse-1-click-follows-link

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Mouse Sel mode and mouse-1-click-follows-link
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 11:43:36 -0400 (EDT)

>    The trouble is, I can't get it to work with *Customize* buffers.
>    This is probably due to some widget magic that I'm ignorant of.  Can
>    someone help me figure it out?
>
> That is because Custom implements the mouse-1 behavior in a different
> way from mouse-1-click-follows-link.
>
> I believe that the best solution might be to get rid of the mouse-1
> binding and use the follow-link property to implement the mouse-1
> behavior in Custom, as is done elsewhere.

I don't know enough about the widget library to have an opinion on
changing it.  Come to think of it, does mouse-1 on custom widgets work
with mouse-sel-mode in Emacs 21?  I suspect that it doesn't, but I can't
check right now.  If it's never worked, then maybe it's not so important
to fix it for the release.

The patch I posted does at least adapt mouse-sel-mode to
mouse-1-click-follows-link, so Info and Help buffers will work.  If
someone could review it and check it in, that would be great.