Re: Default custom group

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Default custom group
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 18:44:39 -0400

    I'm sorry for insufficient information.  It was caused by the
    following form which didn't specify the parent group.

    (defgroup smime nil
      "S/MIME configuration.")

That ought to be fixed, and likewise any other defgroups that fail
to specify a parent.

    Yesterday, I changed my mind and added the ``:group 'something''
    argument to every defgroup, defface and defcustom forms in which
    it hasn't been specified in Gnus (the changes will be propagated
    into the Emacs trunk after a while).

Thank you.  (What is the upper bound on "a while"?)

      At that time, I felt like
    to add some first-level groups (e.g., cryptograph, security, etc.)
    is necessary.

Maybe you are right.  It would not be hard to add first-level groups
now; it won't break anything.  However, I want to consider the question
carefully.  For instance, it doesn't make sense to add both cryptography
and security as first-level groups; the latter includes the former.