Re: bootstrap-emacs fails with glibc-2.3.5

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: bootstrap-emacs fails with glibc-2.3.5
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 13:21:15 +0200

On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 05:45:28PM +0200, Sascha Wilde wrote:

> *** glibc detected *** emacs: corrupted double-linked list: 0x0852c080 ***
>
> Anyway: I just tried to get back some days in cvs to find the exact
> change responsible for this problem but now the older source tree
> shows the same problem here -- that is very strange for I have
> bootstraped emacs without problems on Mai 14 and I haven't changed any
> related part of the system since than[0].

ok, it seems something (most likely the binutils, latest cvs) was
broken in my build toolchain -- after updating everything is fine
again.  Still funny, that the problem it my with some days delay...
Anyway, sorry for the noise.

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde : "Do not dangle the mouse by its cable
             : or throw the mouse at co-workers"